Free dive eduction platform with gamified quiz and certification for all New Zealand divers.
The NZUA is delighted to partner with NZ Fishing World for the promotion of its Survive the Dive online training and certificate platform.
Sponsored by Water Safety NZ and Maritime NZ, the ground-breaking web application allows divers to refresh and test their diving and boating safety knowledge with a gamified quiz and apply for an NZUA-endorsed certificate.
Cost - it's free!
Thanks to sponsors, Water Safety NZ, Maritime NZ and Air Purity Limited, Survive the Dive certification is available free!
Created by Fathom, a NZ and Europe-based web marketing and digital development agency, the Survive the Dive application is an exciting opportunity to offer the NZUA's extensive diving and boating knowledge base to every NZ diver in a fun, engaging and meaningful manner.
Ben Christie of Water Safety NZ, sums up the Survive the Dive application well:
"Water Safety New Zealand is thrilled to fund this new initiative and continue its strong partnership with NZUA. We are blessed with places to dive in this country. Diving in all its forms continues to grow in popularity across all demographics. It's so important that every diver makes safety a priority and gets the knowledge they need to stay safe in the water. This free interactive learning platform will make access to that critical knowledge so much easier."
- The Survive the Dive platform is an engaging way to refresh diving and boating safety knowledge. It's suitable for divers of all levels, as well as dive boat operators.
- It's gamified, allowing participants to save high-scores and track their learning process.
- It doesn't replace commercial dive qualifications, so if you're unqualified and planning on diving, please take a formal, professional dive training course.
- It's free! Thanks to our sponsors, Water Safety NZ, Maritime NZ and Air Purity Limited, all aspects of the Survive the Dive platform are available at no cost.
- Everyone who passes the final exam with 80% correct answers receives an NZUA-endorsed Survive the Dive certificate, valid for two years.
Ready to play Survive the Dive?
There are two stages:
- A gamified quiz with ten randomly generated questions. Take the quiz multiple times to cover all the material. Save your high-scores to track your progress.
- An online exam with 20 comprehensive questions. If you pass the exam (scoring 80% or more), you'll receive an NZUA-endorsed Survive the Dive certificate, valid for two years.
"It’s so important that every diver makes safety a priority and gets the knowledge they need to stay safe in the water. This free interactive learning platform will make access to that critical knowledge so much easier." Water Safety NZ