From the Auckland Fish Market Seafood School this recipe is an interesting and delicious twist on pan-fried snapper.
- 2 x cups couscous
- 2 x Tbsp butter
- 1 x Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 x orange zest
- 1 x cup raisins
- 1 x cup pistachio kernels, toasted
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 6 snapper fillets, skin on
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for pan frying
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Bring the orange juice to the boil, add couscous and cook stirring for 1 minute.
Add Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil and remove from heat, top with a lid, set aside to steam itself.
When cooked, fluff with a fork, season with salt and pepper, add all remaining ingredients.
Score the snapper skin.
Heat a pan with additional Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add snapper skin side down first, turn, add more oil and cook the other side. Season.
To serve; place a mound of couscous on plate, top with snapper.
Serve with minted yoghurt dressing (1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt, ¼ cup chopped mint and salt & pepper).